Sunday 8 June 2008

1001 uses for a champagne bucket!

Faced with the shame of hiding behind my shades, top down, but dirty... I decided today was the day I would clean my car. I got my champagne bucket. Hey, dual purpose works for me and you wouldn't want me to serve you vino and fizz out of a car cleaning bucket now, would you?! Mais non!. I filled it with water, got a couple of jaycloths and an old towel and I was ready to Go. I'd spotted one of my lovely neighbours, Mike washing his car (hands off, he can't be more than 25!) and have just spent a merry hour and a half scrubbing all those nasty flies and muck off my most treasured possession! Mikey lent me his BIG sponge... woo hoo! Yes, I know I looked silly with my small kitchen sponge but hey, I just couldn't be bothered to search for mine. I've washed my windows, splashed soapy suds over my bodywork, got on my hands and knees to scrub my alloys, rubbed frantically to get the tar off my bumpers, brushed my soft top, towel dried my lights, shaken my mats, scrambled inside to get the smears off my tiny back windscreen and four champagne buckets of water later, one frazzled sponge and dishpan hands, I've done it! now it's all shiny new again!
FANTASTIC!!

No comments: