Tuesday 18 May 2010

Blimey.....

It's another week on and I feel... challenged!! Why do things that never normally happen.. happen all on the same day! In the past week I've experienced some very strange and unusual feelings.. such as feeling unwell, being poked and prodded in hospital, losing half an hour, being let down, being hit by a roe deer, having a cup of tea with the truckers, getting that feeling that something is conspiring against what i've planned for the day, being messed about and just left wondering what is going on in my world... ?!

If you've ever tried to get your windscreen replaced you'll begin to have some sympathy with me from this moment onwards. It's been a total nightmare. Call after call, promises that are broken, a no-show, excuses and at that moment when the man arrives with my new windscreen, that feeling of bIg disappointment when it's the wrong size windscreen. After over three weeks of trying to get this sorted, I think the glass is starting to clear. A solution has been found, hu-blooming-rah!

Sunday was a lovely day. Lisa had been looking after me following my tussle with some very weird camera angles. She brought me home and we did what we do best.. chatted and put the world to rights. Well, that's what I thought at least. In the evening, Nick drove us to a country pub for something to eat. I was starving... again! On the way home, he unfortunately had a tussle with a roe deer. £3000 worth of damage later, his car has been towed away, mine still has a chipped windscreen so to say we're both having car issues, would be the undeerstatement of the year!

Today, I thought my life might be calmer. I headed for the office where I would leave my little car for the day. I was going to be driven to a meeting at Highcliffe, Dorset. You know that sinking feeling you get when you hear a traffic report on the radio and realise you're heading for a long wait in a long queue on a very boring motorway! You listen intently to hear which junction is affected, then your heart sinks. Not only was the motorway closed but every other perishing road for miles was chocka block with traffic. But help and sanity were close at hand. I stopped to make a phone call and realised that I was opposite the 'Snack Box' cafe

I usually wizz on by but not today. I skirted across the road in my office attire much to the amusement of the truckers who'd just pulled up. I shyly (ok, perhaps not so shyly!) suggested I was a bit overdressed but I was told, I was always welcome.. oh, what a surprise! Did you know they serve tea in mugs, (yes none of that tea in a paper cup rubbish) for the grand total of 70p! After all, how much does 1 teabag and a splash of milk cost. I sat in the sunshine waiting for my call. A bit delayed because my lift had thrown hot chocolate down her office attire so had had to go and buy a new top before setting off to meet me! I did get up to leave but was offered another cuppa so I sat a while longer offering directions to poor, lost van drivers. I have been instructed to call in tomorrow morning for a cuppa. After all, he'll be there at 6am.. mmm, I'm pretty sure it's not for my 70p!

Lunch was a yummy seafood and cheese pancake at Pebble Beach restaurant overlooking the beach. It reminded me to put things into perspective. Whilst the little things in my life appear to be going haywire right now, they are after all.. little things. I can still think of lots of great reasons to feel 'GLAD'.. ;)

No comments: