Friday 9 July 2010

High carbs makes you high-energy happy

That's a fact! Low carb diets do leave you feeling hungry. You have no energy and often in a bad mood. That's why my pasta dishes make me happy! Whenever I have a lot on my mind I go into easy-cooking mode. If I cook one dish I like, I'll cook it again just because it saves making any more decisions. Last night was a classic.. I decided to cook a variation on a carbonara dish using chorizo instead of pancetta and adding some mushrooms and courgettes. You don't need any cream for the sauce, you just stir in beaten egg and some grated parmesan and voila, it's done. Tonight I decided to get back onto the pasta merry go round for one more tasty ride.This time I lightly fried a chopped red onion, some crushed garlic, chopped mushrooms and courgettes before adding some chopped cold turkey meat I'd bought from the deli to add a bit of protein. I even tried putting on a dvd like last night but thought better of it. I've spent the evening in my craft sauna making Christmas cards with lots of glitter and a keylime pie. Beat that!

No comments: