Wednesday 21 July 2010

Hope & Social...


Saturday night was Hope & Social night in Harrogate. We stayed with the lovely Sarah & Andy and their 3 lovely children. Dinner was fab in a great restaurant which was such great value for what was top notch food. H&S 'had just left' when we rocked up at the gig so we wandered over the road for a drink in another live music bar. The bar is the size of a small cupboard and we got seats at a table where I could tap the drummer on the shoulder - way to close for my liking so we left before the band started playing! Back over the road people had started to wander up to the bar upstairs only to be told 'You can't come in yet".. by an officious bar man "There's only me on the bar right now and I'm waiting for help".. DOH! We'd all already bought drinks downstairs but he wasn't to be moved. So we waited.. and waited.. even the band thought it was amusing. I'd have to say they were well worth waiting for. Lively, funny, very loud and quite raw at times but it was live music.. ! The lead singer was very funny and made impromtu remarks as not 1, not 2 but 3 bunny girls turned up. It was a really fun evening and I still have my Kazoo to prove it! Thankfully, I was the one withe the camera.. ha ha.. ! Bizarrely, H&S don't charge for their gigs and actually do 'lounge do's and dine with us' evenings which sounds like the best fun ever! There's a brilliant video of them on youtube doing a dine with me and to mark the occasion, i now have a cd of their music. I think they were one of the best value bands I've seen for my small donation of £5.. and I got a CD for that too!

No comments: