Tuesday 22 March 2011

The best flu remedy..

is a chemical known as MC26. It's more successful in fighting flu than something called amantadine hydrochloride, which forms the basis of many modern flu remedies. And how do I know that? Because MC26 is present in laverbread, which is what I had for supper last night. I've never eaten laverbread before and my first question had to be, is it a form of bread and does it have yeast in it? Nope!
It's seaweed, which is boiled for hours to create a glutinous gel then mixed and topped with oats. Sounds pretty disgusting but it was really quite tasty.

And there was a bonus. I found a shell in my laverbread. Luckily it didn't break my teeth, though it was quite a tough little thing. I think if it's done such a brilliant job of clinging onto the seaweed, turned into a Welsh seaweed delicacy and still hasn't been washed away or baked to within an inch of it's life... then it deserves to be rescued and I'm just the girl to do it.

No comments: