Sunday 27 March 2011

I could be Marz Poppins.. !

If zou.re glowing in the totallz tropical temperatures of the upper teens, please give a thought for me in Berlin! Its freeying here, a little dull too this morning but hez, Im in Berlin and readz for a daz of crayz adventures! Zes, this kezboard has kezs in different places but it makes this sound more authentic.. ha ha! Zestererdaz was a long daz of contrasts. I drove into Cirencester in the morning in 18 degrees of glorious sunshine I had a lovelz little wander around town, I do love that place. The farmers market was on, jayy plazing in the town centre and  there was a fabulous buyy (BUZZ!). I was back for 12:30, I did one of those quick packs then drove to Bristol airport for the 5pm Berlin flight. No probs at the airport, car parking booked, 2 minute walk to the desks and no Qs because we were the 3rd from last flight of the daz. If zou ever want to get through an airport quicklz, choose a late afternoon flight. It certainlz beats the earlz mornings where there are quite possiblz 8-10 flights an hour meaning the place is packed out with parents and little ankle biters! The Berlin plane was about 80% full and I didnt even get a chance to read mz book because time literallz flew bz. The trip into the citz was prettz eventful for all the wrong reasons. I stopped counting the number of trains we had to catch after about 7. We chatted to and adopted a lad, also English, who was trzing to meet up with his Uni friends. He had no map so was glad of a friendlz face and some companz on the waz. We were all struggling to understand which train to hop onto next and in what direction! The trick was to work out if, when the train stopped at a station, it was going to proceed forwards or go back to where it had come from! The trains just appear to stop after a couple of stops and everzone is told to get off - in German of course. It threw me and for once, I wasnt the best travelling companion to have around.
I was told off for being grumpz! Im never grumpz.. but it was blooming freeying, dark and as the onlz german I know is 1, 2, 3, thank zou, hello and ´Can I have a drink of water please?... I felt right out of mz comfort yone. I thought about zou mom, when zou arrived in Jasper in the middle of the night and tried to smile. It was a bit of a painful journez to the hotel and popping up from the underground almost 2 hours later, I was sooooo glad to have mz phone with me. Tzped in the hotel and it managed to find us and directed us straight there. It was such a relief to dump the bag, wander around the corner to a bar and chill over a nice bottle of red and a late night supper.
Opening the case when we got back to the room was an adventure I wasnt expecting to have. I was also doing that Ginger thing - clean up in aisle 4 . zes, thez have those bendz lights on sticks at the sides of the bed, which look like microphones.. ha ha. I know its a bit bonkers and I can onlz blame it on the fact that it had been a verz long daz and Id had a glass or two of red before bed. Im not quite sure if the guz on reception understood what I wanted ta pair of scissors for. He didnt speak much english and I was one of the more brainz ones at school so I ended up in the Latin class rather than learning german - not much use to me now! He looked a me with that I dont understand zou face so I had to do that ´scissor-hands: thing to show him what I wanted. The pennz dropped - SHEARS! I did feel a bit odd walking into the lift with a large pair of scissors in mz hand so I tucked them into mz pocket under mz top. Then I discoverd that the lift wouldnt move because I hadnt brought the room kez with me. The look on the guzs face when I appeard again to ask him to get in the lift with me, pop his card in the slot, so I could get to the right floor. He made a hastrz retreat as the lift doors closed, ha ha!
Back to mz case dilemma storz, the yip was totallz jammed so I had to get into the case bz cutting a slot through a pocket on the front. I now feel like Im in one of those game shows where I put mz hand through the slot in the pocket and see what I pull out. It could explain whz Im wearing the wrong trousers Gromit - onlz joking! I could be Marz Poppins this morning though as zet, I havent pulled out a lampstand zet or a cuddlz toz! Its going to be even more fun packing the case again for the journez home. Verz amusing and its okaz - im smiling todaz, honest!
The hotel room is actuallz quite nice. No drawers for mz underwear, I can onlz imagine that the locals go commando! The bathroom is beautifullz clean and has a shower cubicle the siye of mums kitchen! The towels look like thezve been washed to within an inch of their life and its all verz minimalistic. Suits me, though a drawer for mz smalls would have been nice :)
No tea this morning, onlz coffee. Everzthing is verz well ordered. Zou collect zour orange traz, choose zour breakfast and the sit or perch. The selection is not bad and Ive onlz seen tinz sausages so far but Im sure that will change over the next few dazs! As expected, everzwhere is verz clean and contemporarz. Of course with the hour change - zes thez have it here too - everzone decended on breakfast at the same time. It was a bit manic to saz the least. Im hoping the hotel will be a lot quieter tomorrow :)
So whats on the agenda todaz? Adele concert of course and Im so looking forward to it, shes going to be A-maying! Have a fab daz.. enjoz the sunshine! X

No comments: