Wednesday 2 March 2011

Almost a leap year baby.. !

I'm 23 hours and 44 minutes into another new year  (I promise that it was when I began writing this!) and although I'm a daffodil & leek baby, I'm pretty certain that even if I had been a boy, my parents still wouldn't have called me David. Today is the first day of third month of the two thousand and eleventh year and I've had a wonderful day! It's been almost business at usual at work though in my head, its been far from a regular day. I've thought about my lovely family and enjoyed spending time with a few of my friends. I've had some wonderful texts, fabulous cards with lots of words in, a few surprises, a bottle of Moet and cake! After all, you can't have a birthday without.. cake & fizz! Most of my birthday cards have shoes on, which proves how well those close to me know me. In fact I wore my pretty 'lady shoes' today because they make me happy :) My lovely friend Lisa bought me tickets to a play in Chelts, Liz bought me an audio book which she says I'll love and I had this lovely little glass plaque. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family and great friends. I love them all to bits and even though we don't speak to each other every day, not even every month in some cases, we know we're going to be friends forever. They remember the days which are special to me and I know that we share something very special. We're 'friends for life'.

No comments: