Monday 28 February 2011

My birthday treat

I don't think I've ever had as much 'iron' in my diet as I did yesterday. My starter was black pudding with celeriac puree and sliced, glazed apples - yum. I was enjoying my meal so much that I missed photographing my main dish but I'm sure you can imagine my tasty plate of liver with lightly braised cabbage, mash and a red wine jus. I couldn't resist dessert for my birthday treat, which was rhubarb panna cotta, rhubarb sorbet and poached rhubarb - a must for rhubarb-a-holics!

Leading up to the meal, I also had a plate of scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, another iron rich dish, so I think I've had my quota for the month in one single day! It was a lovely day even though the weather was pretty rotten. The Crown & Sandys at Ombersley is a well run, reasonably quiet hotel which serves delicious food. The atmosphere is very relaxed which makes this hotel the perfect place for a Sunday night out. I felt like a little Princess and bonus... I opened my birthday pressies and there was not a frying pan in sight.. ha ha.. ! Just a whole lot of love xx xx

No comments: