Saturday 26 February 2011

Cool stuff, white stuff and tarts!

There's nothing hot or cross about this bunny. With soft chocolate fondant in one half and golden caramel in the other, it's a double bunny treat from the lovely people at M&S. Saturday is a 'me' day. I was up bright and early with a cup of tea and my laptop in bed doing some work. Around 10am, I wandered into Nailsworth, bought a couple of White Stuff shirts from the newly, expanded clothes emporium in town and had a delicious chicken jacket potato and cappuccino at Hobbs for my lunch.
And now I'm baking Bakewell tarts. Shortcrust pastry, made by me of course, a thick layer of raspberry jam, some chopped peel and topped with a mix of fluffy whisked eggs, caster sugar, vanilla essence, melted butter and ground almonds - yum! Well, I hope they turn out to be as delicious as they look. If they don't, as my grandma would say "You can always put custard on it!"

No comments: