Friday 4 February 2011

The last hurdle...

I have literally romped my way through the week! I've worked my socks off, had a date with Bryan Ferry, seen an old flame, driven the wheels off my car, negotiated a deal, been disappointed, felt elated, wibbled, listened, chipped in, ducked out, dined on fresh air, had a bad head, had great results, smiled at a stranger, listened to a friend, been a great manager, eaten very badly, half watched a film, ignored my book again and worn the wrong trousers! It's been a marathon week and it's still not over.
Today I received news that I'd won two lots in a charity auction at work. I've won five classical music boxed sets worth £149.95 for just £15! And better still, I've won a cookery course with these delicious chefs at Ashburton Cookery School for the princely sum on just £100! Yes, I know I can cook, have been on the tv, am a masterchef heats competitor but hey... there are always new skills to learn.
What was I saying about learning something new? I have the perfect opportunity to discover how to cook Thai or cook something that I've not tried before. Just like "Julie and Julia", it will be a culinary adventure and I will be scouring the country for eager tasters who will risk their tastebuds to sample some of my new dishes. I've already had offers at work to taste my muffins! That, as you can recall, comes from the fact that just before Christmas. I made delicious mincemeat muffins which I took to the finance meeting to sweeten up the FD!

1 comment:

Ginger Claire said...

hey, so when's the cookery school!! if you're not taking me then book me in for being for instead xx