Tuesday 15 February 2011

Smile and the world smiles with you.. :)

Second day back at work and I've already been reminded of 'radiator's and 'drains'. Radiators are the positive influences. You know the people who always smile, enjoy every day and get others to smile with them. Drains, on the other hand are negative people who can suck the life out of you (just like Henry the hoover!) if you let them. They rarely benefit from my positive vibes. On the contrary, they insist on being difficult and every situation is turned into a problem. Drains tend to be less perceptive people. They don't or won't notice the effect they're having on you. It only takes one  leaky drain in an enormous pool of people to eventually dehydrate your workforce. It's a drip-drip effect and the only way out is either to plug your ears (works like plugging the hole!) or clamber out of the pool.
My first line of defence when I come across a 'drain' is to be continually chirpy. That's very annoying, I know! My second line of defence is to treat their irritating ways like a game and just ignore them. Not easy to do but it works most of the time. After all.. I'm an ex person.. extremely, exceptionally, extra special :) perhaps that's why I enjoy my own company - there's no negativity there!

No comments: