Thursday 17 February 2011

On a day like today...

The best bit has to be...  COMING HOME! A bottle of Orvieto, I'm cooking my Oakland chicken listening to Madeleine Peyroux and hey, I'm multi-tasking.. just peeling a butternut squash to within an inch of its life - life has just got a whole lot better.

What do you do to chill out?

You could call it a PIG of a day! I've felt grumpy and even though I've apologised for not being myself, no else has really noticed my change of mood. I drove home tonight and had one of those epiphanies.. ! Of course, it's a full blooming moon.. I should have guessed! Did you notice everyone around you becoming a little more tense today? It's 17th February and the 'pleine lune' magnifies every tiny emotional moment into something much larger than normal. It means it's been much harder to get things done today. I've had a bucket full of stuff thrown at me and usually I'm brilliant at coping with stuff. But not today. I've felt like a creature, captured in a flytrap struggling to get free. When I escaped late this afternoon all I want to do was shout louder, drive faster and just shake off the stickiness of the day and be free again. It's like walking over that bridge in the jungle and realising that I'm free again! I think I'll pour another glass and celebrate with Madeleine.. out with the 'Weary blues' and in with 'This is heaven to me' and as long as freedom grows, I want to seek it.. :)

No comments: