Tuesday 1 November 2011

A handbaked cupcake... a glass of prosecco...


Madeleine Peyroux with her careless love (track 11) and little me :) I've been baking cupcakes this evening ready for book club tomorrow. I've bought bottles of wine which are gleefully chilling in the fridge the only thing I haven't done is read the book!! I have tried but I just can't seem to concentrate for long enough to get stuck into the story. I know I'm shirking but I'll just read the notes online and I'm sure my lemon cupcakes with dreamy cheesecake topping will shmooze them enough to forgive me. After all, I've had a dilemma dropped on top of me from a high tree and I'm just trying to put the pieces of my broken heart back together - ha ha.. you thought I was for real. Anger does funny things to people who aren't usually angry. I'm not broken, just bruised. I'm doing a Marilyn and saying 'What the hell!'. I'm growing a slightly wonky coathanger backbone so I'm not pining, just dusting myself off and looking on the bright side - there is always one if you look hard enough.

Tonight I'm resigned to staying in with Madeleine for company and you know what... that's perfectly fine :) xx xx

No comments: