Sunday 6 November 2011

Some things are worth waiting for...

For someone who is very impulsive, I'm can be extremely restrained when I go out 'home' shopping. I always think "I could be living with that for a very long time" which is why just 'liking' something won't do. I need to love, in fact really love something before I buy it and bring it into my home. The same reasoning also applies to men!

So today I went shopping for lampshades yet again and hurrah, I'm over the moon because I've found exactly what I was looking and more. My amazingly beautiful shades have that extra something that I never even imagined I'd find. I got such a buzz of excitement when I saw them. Then, fell crestfallen when I realised they were for pendant lights, not table lights. The bit in the middle was at the top, not the bottom and as they have guzillions of glass droplets hanging off them, it's impossible to turn them upside down. Mmm, not one to give up I scouted round for something, perhaps a gadget and wey hey, I found a handy, young male assistant! He told me to add an extender (woo hoo!) and hey presto, my feeling of great excitement returned :) I came home with two beautiful lampshades and two extenders and don't they look fabulous - thank Sunday for JLewis!

No comments: