Friday 30 January 2015

Congratulations car - you're now a skip!

Today, the bin men, who are clearly the refuse police, decided not to take my bits of xmas tree that I'd put out by my bin. They took everything else but deemed it not worthy to ride in their wagon - muppets!

It was the right day - tick! It was even green bin week - tick! But doh, I put the cut branches in black bin bags - bad girl! They could clearly see the pine needle clad branches trying to fight their way out of the bags. And the nobbly trunk wrapped up in plastic. What's a girl to do, I asked myself?

I decided it was time I found the local tip! I'm quite proud of myself because I've managed to avoid the experience the whole time I've lived here, a fact of which I'm constantly amazed. But today was going to be the day I gave in and used my lovely car as a skip!

I needed to find a recycling place that would take two big bags of branches and the 6 foot long trunk! I did my google homework and merrily drove to the local recycling centre only to find the postcode must have been wrong... How annoying! So I drove back into Nailsworth to have lunch and rethink my strategy. The nice girl in Hobbs explained that I hadn't driven far enough along the road so back I went until I found the tip and have safely deposited my tree down the Shute. The only signs of it now are the few pine needles left in the boot of my car which will no doubt hand about until next Xmas! Aw well, it was lovely while it lasted!

 

No comments: