Thursday 15 January 2015

Everyone's talking about...

The tree that fell in the night and blocked the road by the shell petrol garage!

No one is talking about the tree that fell in the road just before the bend, after the Weighbridge Inn! I should know because I skidded into it in slow motion, just like you see on the films. I had switched off full beam and slowed down because I could see a police car and someone carrying a torch just around the bend. Of course, with less light I failed to spot the tree in the pitch dark so slowly and quite sedately, I slid across the loose pine branches into the tangled mix of tree branches and leaves.
I sat with the car motionless wondering what to do next. Clearly, there was no route forward. With a bend directly behind me I quickly worked out that I needed to back out and turn around pretty pronto! A 5-point turn later, I was high tailing up the road, back home and started my journey all over again but with a different route!
This evening, all the news is about the 'other tree', the one I didn't see or bump into, which fell on the other side of Nailsworth. So if you read this and can plant a tree, make it a double planting for me :)

No comments: