Tuesday 13 January 2015

My highlights of 2014

2014 was such a great year for so many reasons. There were goals, challenges, easy rides and hostile takeovers and all were managed with my usual aplomb! If I didn't enjoy them, I didn't let on. If I loved them, then everyone knew about it! Loving my life is my goal and although it's not always easy, I try my best. That's all I ask of myself..

Here are just a few of the many amazing highlights of 2014…
January brought new light to my home. I bought a Lee Broom bulb and I know it's not to everyone's taste but it fits mine perfectly. I love the crystal, the shape, the design.. and after just one year, I still love it as much as the very first time I saw it.

Too many to mention, I love attending live performances and this year I managed to cram in Swan Lake, Gary Barlow, Elvis tribute, Cirque De Soleil, Paul Hollywood, Malvern Quilt show, Strictly with the Stars, Athletics, Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Hucklow scrapping, and discovered Stourhead gardens.

I spent glorious days away with Mom on the edge of Dartmoor at Middle Hole farm, Cheltenham races, Ginger weekends filled with fun and fab food! Everyone needs a friend like Ginger to bring out the crazy in them ;)


I did try new stuff and went flying in a propellor glider with Gordon, saw Roberta Flack at Chelts Jazz festival, enrolled on a silversmith course and learnt how to play with silver to make beautiful rings.. oh, me, oh my..

I went with Mom to Wimbledon, arranged a family trip to Hampton Court Palace Flower Show, secret Sunday, dinner at Liz's, Wet. Wet, Wet at the races, NEC Quilt show, Cowslip studios...


I got some pampering at Malvern Spa, was waited on hand and foot by the wonderful Rachael and Greg on my visit to Hungary, had a most wonderful evening with Ginger at Giffords Circus, more pampering at Hoar Cross Hall, tapped my feet to Riverdance with Mom and had a brilliant time at Jeremy's birthday bash!

October is always one of my favourite months and this year was no exception. I saw Judy Dench, Alan Titchmarsh, wine lunches and had some wonderful adventures at the Lit Festival with the highlight being the poetry reading with Lewis and McCrory - awesome!


The big hitters for 2014 were Lady Gaga (who I've secretly wanted to see for ages! she didn't disappoint), saw the adorable Michael Buble, enjoyed more Hucklow, more Malvern and hid myself away at the amazingly, rejuvenating Dormy House Spa. I laughed at Fascinating Aida with Diane and Lisa, I had an intriguing evening with Gordon in Stow and enjoyed another wonderful Ginger weekend in County Durham.


December saw another fab holiday, this time at Otterton, with food from Darts Farm and walks along the beach at Budleigh Salterton. I went to the Good Food show, had a close encounter with the girl with the kitten and delighted in becoming an instant grandma x2! If nothing else happened in 2014 and I lay like a dormant lion for the remainder of the year, the little fact of my status being elevated to 'grandma' has to be the best thing that's happened to me in a long, long time!


Of course, there has to be a few disappointments, sad happenings and things that don't go to plan which in 2014 included a minor happening - the worst work xmas party EVER! And some much larger, more difficult occasions where I said goodbye to Uncle Vernon and in September, our little Wilf, who managed to touch so many people's lives at the tender age of just 3 years. He influenced us in ways we never imagined. He smiled through every minute of his short life and I have nothing but awe for his family. We all celebrated his amazing life and I am confident, his smile will be kept alive for many years to come.


And finally in December, with 25 wonderful advent gifts from Ginger to keep me smiling, I changed all my Xmas plans to look after my amazing Mother. It was tiring, it was tough, it was tinsel-less but I wouldn't change a thing. I have driven too many miles, drunk too much prosecco, spent far too much money on my chiropractor but it's all been worth it (so worth it!) and on the plus side, I am a few pounds lighter and looking forward to some hazy, lazy time in February when I can relax again.. that will be nice x

 

No comments: