Friday 30 January 2015

Today... I am a trouble shooter!

Flipping heck...! I knew today was a day to stay in bed! So many unusual things have happened. Things that never happen and make today an extraordinary day. Hard hats on... Nerves on alert... it's Friday 30th January.

I think we all experience days when things don't go quite to plan. One incident, and we just ignore it. Two incidents and we begin to notice. Any more than two and it becomes a hard hat day

I started the day feeling lazy having woken up rather late. I'd kept the eiderdown on my bed which is like sleeping under a brick. I think it stops me from waking up, which has to be a good thing. I decided to cook the rhubarb that I bought this week. I trimmed, chopped and poached my plump, cherry red sticks of new season rhubarb until they were just soft. I added a little honey and a pile of plump cranberries, returned it to the heat to warm through then spooned into thick yoghurt. That was a nice surprise!

Work has been extremely demanding all week. I've even begun to count the emails I've sent, which isn't a good sign. I had my xmas tree recycling incident, which was a new experience. Then I filled my car with diesel and the cut off didn't work. I only realised when I noticed a puddle on the ground under my tyre and a pool of diesel running down the side of my car. I know it's cheaper than it was but hey, it's still not what I'd use to wash my car!

This evening I've booked into my hotel and I know the walls of most hotels are paper thin. That's why I choose ones with large chunky keys and thick walls! I've already been treated to the tv on one side and a phone alarm going off continuously on the other. It's a lovely place to stay so I hope it doesn't spoil my stay.

I've just finished dinner and a large table of lads from the private school down the road, celebrating a birthday, asked for the fire to be lit. The room gradually filled with smoke, to the point that they had to open the windows and I've come to sit in the coffee room. It's all good humoured here and not a problem but it does bring my total of incidents to +4.

Here's a quote from my horoscope for today...

" Problems provide purpose. We all know what we are supposed to be doing if we have a difficulty to resolve or an obstacle to get round. As long as we feel reasonably capable of rising to that challenge, we can take some pleasure in playing the role of a troubleshooter. "

Keep the challenges coming - there are still 4 hours to go!

 

No comments: