Monday 14 April 2008

Cambridge adventures...

I've had a wonderful couple of days. I've been to one of my most favourite hotels.. HDV in Cambridge with Dom for a Sake evening. She loves Sake... I've discovered that I don't! But that didn't spoil my enjoyment of the evening. We were treated to Sake cocktails before dinner in the library with about 16 other guests. The hotel had created the cocktail themselves, infused with lime Sake and 25% proof! That really started the evening going! Here I am with the expert from the Akashi Sake Brewery in Japan. There was young fragrant Sake with the starter of sea bass, both warm and chilled Sake with the main course fillet of beef and tempura vegetables. A 6 year old aged Sake with the cheese course. And to finish, a cherry tart served with a cherry infused Sake over ice! There were some interesting characters there, not least the very knowledgeable French General Manager, Denis, who had worked establishing both the Bristol and Cambridge hotels so knew them inside out, He'd been involved in making some of the choices with the building work and had worked for Malmaison previously, so knows the companies inside out. He was a lovely guy and although I didn't get to chat to some of the other guests around the table, it was a great way to spend an evening. The hotel lived up to expectations and I'm now longing to go on another HDV adventure!

No comments: