Thursday 3 April 2008

Just call me Jenny...

I went to London today and someone, I can't remember who now, said try Kemble station, and you know what... it's lovely. You know when you go somewhere and it feels comfortable and you don't really know why...?, (which, after the week I've had so far is very, very welcome!!!) well even just driving into the car park gave me that all over comfy feeling. I was getting quite excited parking my car because I knew this place was special and I wasn't disappointed. Kemble is a wonderful, old-fashioned station with old-fashioned values, I like that! A cosy shop which sells coffee and bacon sandwiches, a ticket office with a pleasant old gentleman with no queue, and best of all, people who wait for the train in a very Gloucestershire gentlemanly way. Bring back men who open doors, smile and know how to say please and thank you! There was no pushing, no spitting and no nonsense! There is even a garden alongside the platform (hope it's not memorial!) where a guy was sitting drinking his latte. This station was a gem of a find and charging just £2 for the car park too, phew... I'll definitely be using it again. I've just become one of those lovable railway children... just call me Jenny! x

1 comment:

sharon said...

Hi Anna,

I'm fine thanks, hope you are too.
Your time in Spain looked as though it was great, I was :( to have missed it:..oh well..worse things happen I suppose.
Thanks for keeping my cards safe, just give them to Kirstie to pop in with the goodies she is gonna be sending me soon.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Take Care
Sharonx