Friday 18 April 2008

My word of the day... "Fortunately!"

Life amuses me most days and today was no exception. Weird, and uncanny things happen and I often can't work out why. It feels like 'there's something going on' which most people would call 'a coincidence' and I call 'weird'. Life is like a train track... sometimes you're happy just trundling along. Some days the other tracks running alongside cross over your path, which make life a tad more challenging. Yesterday was one such day. My BIG MINI adventure took centre stage, yet there was another story line unravelling in real time, like a big ball of string. I often get challenged by mechanical things, that's no secret. Yesterday, I'm sitting in 'my new car' on the forecourt and I hear the lock click over. Okay, except that I have no keys so effectively, I'm locked inside. I try the doors.. the switch on the dashboard... nothing. Anyone who knows me well, will know that I'm not comfortable in enclosed spaces, so I was starting to get flustered! Fortunately, my mob had the teensiest bit of signal so I buzzed reception and found myself having this very strange conversation about being locked in a mini on their forecourt. It felt like a scene from 'Candid Camera', (mmm yes, I've dug that up from the 1970's). 10 seconds later, I hear the doors unlock and Mr salesman comes wandering around the corner with his trade plates, totally oblivious to what has happened. So, who or what locked and unlocked the doors? He didn't and I certainly didn't... "my new sidewalk" did... aaahhhhhhhhhhhh! Mr Salesman admitted afterwards that it's one of their new sales techniques. They lock you the car for a day, reckoning that after 24 hours you'd be hungry for more cappuccinos and biscuits. They'd come along the next day, open the window just enough so they can swap the car keys over for your credit card - and hey presto, job done! He was joking... !! But the story line isn't finished... I get home, put my key into my front door and it won't turn. I'm standing there like a lemon with a puzzled grin on my face because I'm stranded. The key won't go fully into the lock and it won't budge! I know in that situation, I really would be screwed, though the girls last night had a suggestion for me... you could go and knock up vertically challenged... mmm, the answer to that is unprintable! Fortunately, (my word for the day!) my neighbours kindly let me in. David forced the key into the lock, something I hadn't managed to do, and it's back working again. For how long, I'm not sure...

No comments: