Friday 5 September 2008

'Me' and hamsters...


Today has been another busy day juggling one project with a zillion others. Yet, today is different. Today, I'm peeping over the parapet and OMG, this is such a great feeling! This rush of fresh air may be short-lived, we all know there's no respite when it comes to magazine deadlines, but I can smell the success and that pleases me. Life has been a roller coaster ride over the past month, or so. I can only liken it to being stuck a very small and cramped hamster's wheel. Not something I've experienced in the 'real-world', but in 'anna-land', anything can happen! When my mind goes into free fall, I see my life played out in images, not words, and as with everything in 'anna-land', they can often be weird and wacky! People say they have 'Out of body experiences'... I know what they mean. Like seeing images speeded up. The scenes from Times Square, NYC with the neon lights making streaks across the night sky. Yet there's one tiny person standing amongst the noise and commotion - that's 'me'. So, back to my hamster's wheel... with my legs frantically making it turn faster and faster and getting me no where. The faster I have run, the more frustrated I have felt. That's what getting no where feels like. But in this age of green things, my guardian angel did something wonderful. She made sure that my hamster's wheel was connected to the National Grid! That's the real reason that this week, my electricity bill was cut, just like that. It's nice to look back and know that I got somewhere after all ;-)

No comments: