Monday 22 September 2008

Secret Santa meets the Strictly Secret Scrappers!

Take 8 girls who have a passion for paper and glue. Put them together and what do you get? More fun in a weekend than most people will have all year! I was invited to join the girls in Derbyshire this weekend as an honorary member of G+G’s scrapping group. I decided to take the long way there via Paperarts (of course!) and enjoyed a tasty trout for lunch in a Worcestershire pub. It was going to be a day of great expectations and surprising revelations. Arriving in Derbyshire late in the afternoon, after quite a long drive north taking in some of the best scenery Derbyshire has to offer. I could have done without the dawdlers but hey ho, the sun was shining, I was topless and this was just the start of a wonderful weekend. There are always one or two special highlights and this weekend was no exception. The Quiz, watching Strictly Come Dancing, making a special birthday card, scrapbooking my love affair with the US, Gwyneth’s birdhouse challenge, the silly stories, staying up til 2am, late night cheese and biscuits, and so much more.. I learnt that I really am hopeless at dog spotting, not bad at ariel views, but seriously rubbish at general pub quizzes. Yet, me and Ginger still won! I have learnt how to die-cut better than I did before and discovered the finer art of embossing. The lovely Ginger bought me delicious amaretto biscuits back from her hols and a hamster! No, not Richard Hammond! I could be forgiven for thinking it was a hamster because it appeared to be a bundle of shaved wood wrapped in brown paper. But after further investigation, I discovered the most beautiful hand blown champagne glasses, which Ginger had bought me for my birthday. No, in case you’re wondering, it’s not my birthday again yet, thank you! Talking of birthday’s, I spent Sunday evening back in the Cotswolds at one of my favourite places with one of my favourite new people. Someone there asked about you Ginger… we must book dinner for 3 weeks time...

No comments: