Wednesday 4 February 2009

A funny thing happened on the way to work...

There's no end to what a smile can do for you... ! Everyone should smile more.. today, I arrived at work and pressed the button for the lift. Within a couple of seconds, the life doors opened and.. yikes! There was a man sitting on the roof of the lift. Not something you see every day. He climbed off the top of the lift and got out of the lift shaft. I laughed because it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I told him I would wait for the other lift "It's up on 14th floor.. but it's coming now" he said. "Did you press the button?"... "Of course" The lift sailed past. "Great... it will be full when it gets to this floor" I said. He peered down into the lift shaft... "1, 2, 3" he said "4, 5, 6" you'll be ok, there are only 6 people" I smiled as the lift came and thanked him. He climbed back on top of the lift saying "With a smile like that, you'll never have a problem getting a lift!!"
Cheeky, or what?!

No comments: