Sunday 14 June 2009

A Basel sandwich!

Nothing beats a bit of traveling. May was such a fantastic month for traveling that I'm determined to keep getting on planes and experience new sights, sounds and scents. This time it was Basel in Switzerland. I've never been and had been assured that Switzerland was clean, friendly and a great location. I was not disappointed. My ticket to the Solo Project what the real reason for going and I could never have imagined what a fantastic time I would have just looking at art. I know it's my favourite thing to do right now but I had no idea of the scale and depth of Art Basel. My flight was packed with arty types, that's how I'd describe them, and too full of their own importance for my liking. Not the best introduction to my trip but things were destined to get better. The Solo Project, was just one of many exhibitions in Basel, all focussing on contemporary art. Richard from the Bath gallery, recommended Scope to me - he said I'd like it and he was spot on - it was fantastic! Just the kind of art I like with people who can speak - fab! Here's a link to a visual you might like.. the artist has developed the technology to create laser outlines which are fun to watch.

http://www.stephan-reusse.com/start/en_works_laser.html

No comments: