Thursday 25 June 2009

Life isn't always wrapped up for us..

My week has been wrapped in parma ham! On MOnday it was wrapped around grissini sticks and on Tuesday evening at Bernadettes with my favourite chip monster extraordinaire, it was my asparagus spears that got the super parma ham treatment - and as always, it got me thinking. Life isn't usually wrapped in parma ham. Sometimes it's sugar-coated and at other times, it's shrouded in a thick mist. My life is definitely shrouded in mist at the moment. Nothing is clear and although parma ham wouldn't be my idea blanket, it would be lovely to have a comfort blanket right now. That's what friends are for, I hear you say and you're so right. On Tuesday evening I was treated to champagne on the roof top restaurant I know now as Bernadettes. What a brilliant choice. We had such a lovely time - that's how i imagine life should be. It is certainly as close to heaven as I am going to get right now. The roof top is a great place for people watching and it was wonderful to sit in the sunshine, chill and watch the world go by. I was reminded how much I love my friends.
Tonight I've been out to the Apple Tree with Lisa and had the most brilliant time. It's the 'doing' something for 'me' that I miss being on my own. Lisa drove, she'd already decided where we were going and we ended up chatting and just relaxing and having a few laughs. I think the 'buy two glasses of wine and get the rest of the bottle free' helped achieve my merry mood and let's face it, it is a darned good offer! We sat outside in the garden and the next time we looked at the clock, it was almost 10pm. Yes, it was too late for sweets because the chef had cleaned the kitchen but... 'oh I love your handbag' said the girl behind the bar.. and the next thing, two glasses of ice-cream with chocolate sauce appeared - wey hey! By this time the band were in full swing so we rocked the rest of the night away to Elvis and his twinkly blue notes. Not a bad end to a rather un-exceptional Thursday.

1 comment:

sharon said...

hope the mist clears soon for you and things become a lot clearer.
My little motto, (which I live by DAILY)..If you can't see light at the end of the tunnel, get up and turn the light on.
Aren't friends just the best tonic?..and espesh eating nice food.xx