Thursday 18 June 2009

Stand further back...

Don't you sometimes get the feeling that you're just surrounded by problems? Like in those old cowboy films when the indians surrounded the waggon train and hurled arrows at them. They didn't have a choice but I do. I realise that I may not be able to shift obstacle X, fix problem Y or resolve conflict Z but I can sure as hell move out of the way! Having choices and being able to act on them is a wonderful gift. There's a lot of change happening all around me at the moment. Some I'm aware of and some I'm not, though I know it's happening. Not all change is bad, some is good, the trick is knowing the difference. Like being the snowgirl in a snow globe, someone keeps shaking the darned thing so I can't see what's happening. Though of course, I know something is happening because I'm getting giddy! Just when the snow clears and settles again, along comes another comedian to shake things up. Even the weather is unsettled. One minute it's hot and sunny, next it's chilly and wet. Clarity is power so I think I need to stop writing, get out my duster and rub the mist off my rose-tinted spectacles. Life in June isn't rose-tinted, it's more of a greyish-blue colour. Or is that the snow falling again?!

No comments: