Thursday 18 June 2009

Today has been a rubbish day!

Though, don't jump to conclusions because I'm not talking about the kind of rubbish you're thinking of! I mean the kind that litters up your life and eventually bugs you. I got into my car this morning and there it was, again, my rubbish pot. It's so kind of mini to put a tiny pot in my car so I can fill it up with sweet papers. However, it's just another thing that shouts 'fix me' or 'I need attention' every now and again. I can spend days procrastinating about the tiny things that need doing. It's like there's a mental list in my head and when something either becomes really important or just bugs me enough, I will do something about it. Today, I emptied the bin in my car. In a strange way I know that delaying is addictive. It's a choice and I love choices. Things that need doing today aren't giving me a choice so in my head, I delay the less important things... just because I can. The delaying tactic, and we all know what that is, sets off a chain reaction of excuses why we shouldn't do something or other. Ginger calls it my distraction technique. I'll often find 10 other jobs that suddenly hit the top of my 'to do' list when I'm in a delaying mood. All I'm doing is putting off something in favour of doing something else, that I've been putting off for longer. It's a good game and the best bit is glow of satisfaction that you get when you finally get around to doing something you've been putting off for ages. People who are brilliantly organised and do everything straight away rarely get quite the same feeling. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

No comments: