Thursday 18 June 2009

I have some great friends @ xxx

Four days into the week and one day left before the weekend, hurrah! It's been a funnier than normal week for such a lot of reasons. I love emails, particularly when they are from great friends. Beats snail mail just because none of us would ever write as many letters as we do emails. This week alone, I've received five emails in the space of two days from friends who I haven't heard from for a long while ;-) I'm left wondering what makes them all choose to email me in the same week? One friend had news, one had an apology, one was concerned, one was looking forward to the future and another was just writing to say 'hello'. I'm so lucky to have some really great friends and I love them all to bits. Reading their emails makes me realise what my emails mean to them too. It's easy sometimes to skip through a week and put off writing just because we all lead such busy lives. But sometimes, all it takes is a simple 'hello' or even just a few 'xxx' in your inbox to change how you feel about your day. It's the tiny, sweet, thoughtful moments that break up routine and often mean such a lot more than you every imagined they might x

No comments: