Wednesday 15 September 2010

The Swan at Southrop

With ivy-clad walls and a chocolate box village location, this pub already has a lot going for it. Give it a superb menu and great staff and it becomes the place for me and Liz to go for dinner tonight. It's a place I've wanted to go to for a while so my expectations were pretty high. The website looked great and the menu had sounded wonderful so I booked a table, picked Liz up from work and away we went. Liz started with bread & balsamic, pieces of which had been cut from the most enormous freshly baked loaf the size of an enormous breeze block. I ordered the prosciutto with peaches, rocket and parmesan whilst Liz had the bruschetta with roasted garlic and chopped tomatoes. Next came the duck breast on couscous and I had the lamb with wilted spinach and aubergine parmigiana - absolutely yummy! Both meals were delicious and I would have taken photos but Liz already calls me the food stalker! Next time hey.. I'll be back with my camera :)

No comments: