Wednesday 27 April 2011

Liane Carroll at the Daffodil

Awarded BBC jazz best vocalist and best jazz award in 2005, Liane Carroll is generally respected by her fellow professionals as one of the finest female vocalists on the scene. I booked tickets for the Daffodil ages ago and although the evening didn't turn out quite as I expected, it was eventful none the less. The evening was titled 'Bare Feet & Beehives' as a tribute to singers like Sandy Shaw and Petula Clark. The food was delicious, the music very varied and Liane fully deserves her awards - but in the end, it was a bit of an odd evening. For a venue where jazz is played every week, I did wonder why there was no music at all during the reception and the meal. And queuing to pay the bar bill at the end of the evening was a bit weird too. I left feeling a little disappointed because I thought the venue would have blown me away - but it didn't! Oh well... I'll just have to stick to having my fun experiences at the HDuVin, Brasserie Blanc and Montpellier Chapters xx xx

No comments: