Saturday 2 April 2011

Were you "FOOLED?"...

Impersonator Rob Brydon hosted the entire two-and-a-half hour show so congratulations for fooling me!
I admit, I was. My ears are usually pretty well tuned in so I was baffled as to why Ken Bruce sounded so different on the radio yesterday. Like many others, I couldn't believe my ears - he was behaving like, dare I say... a 'Pig!' At more than one point he was very rude to his listeners and I actually wondered if he'd lost the plot. I racked my brain trying to work out why he sounded so different. Maybe he had a new set of false teeth and was in pain...? maybe he was intoxicated...? or maybe he had lost the plot! I had work to do so I moved on and it was only during the evening that I quizzed my lovely friend Ginger Claire about it. Radio 2 always comes up in conversation when Ginger's here. We're both enormous - no we're not.. I'll rephrase that - we're both humungus (ha ha) fans of Chris Evans and I've made a pact with her to stop ranting about Simon Mayo's show. Me and Mayo are just not on the same wavelength. It's nothing personal because he's a cute-looking guy but his show is clunky and if Chris Evan's show scores a million out of 100, Simon Mayo's just doesn't cut it for me. Interestingly, I've recently gone back to salad cream too! I'm not sure if there's a connection but there feels like one :) I now have a dilemma every time I get in the car to drive home. Drivetime used to be my 'chill out' station of choice on the way home. I have tried Si, believe me I've tried but I just get narked listening to drivetime drivvel now. Mr Mayo has turned me into a channel hopper. I'm sure you're a really nice guy - you're just not what I need to chill out after my crazy days in the office. See, mmm... Note to self - steer clear of the men who bring out the worst in you!

No comments: