Saturday 2 April 2011

One of my adoring fans.. !

It's amazing how a few hours in a restaurant will bring out the 'Italy's got talent' in any waiter. We only went in to this restaurant for a drink and ended up staying for almost 3 hours. I was totally schmoozed by this place and their delicious antipasti! I should have known when I ordered a glass of fizz for me and a bottle appeared in an ice bucket by the side of our table, mmm. I think that was the moment of truth. Bearing in mind, someone else was drinking red and had a bottle to himself, this was going to be a long, sweet evening.
It may have been the size of his salami that lured me in (wey hey!) or the selection of delicious, oiled vegetables, who can tell. All I know is that the halo of Saint Aunty Pasti just kept whispering "Come on down and take a look".. so after two sips of fizz, I was there, arms out-stretched like I was sleep walking (ha ha, only joking on that bit, keep up!) and hey, I wasn't disappointed.







  I know why I have gut instincts and at times like this, I can hear them whispering in my ear. It didn't take me long to decide on some veggie antipasti plus a selection of cheese and I was delighted to be presented with this mini feast. Of course, once we'd started we couldn't find a reason to stop so continued our journey through some ravioli and one of my all time favs, aubergine paniagana.. mmm! Our waiter was a delight. His attention to detail was simply perfect and I for one thoroughly appreciated all the effort he went to. I get such a buzz from tasting great food which most importantly has been lovingly prepared - and, I'm particularly grateful after a whole bottle of fizz :-} xx xx

No comments: