Sunday 8 January 2012

Greg's pickle... !


He's my brother and I love him to bits! Yesterday he rolled down the M6 from Lancaster and I climbed up the M5 to meet half way at chez-sz. I bought a chocolate covered caterpillar cake which I had spent all morning making... mmm, she lied! Whereas my little brother brought a Hungarian dish, a homemade Lecho for our lunch. My brother is a dark horse because later he brought out jars of his homemade piccalilli and something very black and sticky which I now refer to as Greg's Lancashire Chutney! I was so inspired by this homemade produce that this afternoon I made my favourite loaf, a recipe of Nigel Slater's. I bought some brown flour and buttermilk on the way home in preparation for my baking adventure. I also made some red pepper and tomato soup and as you can see, it turned out a treat! I only have just over half a jar of piccalilli left! It's often the simplest meals that are the most tasty :) yesterday I shared my meal with some of my lovely family (another time Maz :) and today I shared my meal with... ME! I thought of you all whilst I was eating it... honest, I did!

ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow GERGELY XlotsXofXlove

No comments: