Saturday 13 October 2007

I think not!

I think my snazzy new 'New Look' teeshirt caused a stir around Waitrose today. It's a sleepy store compared to the Chelts one, but not today. One of the parking attendents started to chat me up by the melons - see how my love life has hit an all time low! What is it with old men and melons?! I know I'm into cars, but please... I don't know where he appeared from, perhaps he was just a figbox of my imagination.... He kept saying, you'll need 3 and I just smiled and looked blankly at him. He was admiring the watermelon in my basket (well, I'm innocent enough to imagine that's what he was looking at!) and he kept on asking me if I was going bowling and did I want another one! I could feel a date coming on, pardon the fruity pun, so I hastily made some reference to not needing any more melons thank you because I had 2 at home. That confused him even more. I do think all the staff in Waitrose once worked at GCHQ and have had their marbles removed. The only way to get rid of him was to zap him with one of my dazzling baby melons and nip neatly round him, past the wilting lettuces and up the cold meats aisle. I swear I'll stop buying melons if I'm going to keep getting chatted up by the saga club!

Back to my very sparkly teeshirt which I bought because it reminds me of my bestest scrapping buddy in the whole wide world, sweet ginger claire! She always makes me laugh when she says "Nobody puts baby in a corner!' and I just had to have it. Must wear it out one evening and see where that gets me!

No comments: