Sunday 14 October 2007

Beautiful visitors...

These beautiful swans flew in today onto the lake, how amazing is that! A pair and four young signets swimming across the lake, I do hope they stay. It's been a weird day for wildlife... first swans, then deer on the slip road as I got on the M5 at Cheltenham this evening. I wished I'd found the Literary Festival earlier, it's just like me to get interested just as it's finishing. Tonight I met Dom and we went to a talk with Sophie Dahl and Esther Freud, who are brilliant writers and the grandaughters of two very well known men. They read extracts from their books and it was lovely to hear the spoken word read so beautifully. Sophie, in particular, is so beautiful and articulate too, what a great talent. I couldn't resist a drink afterwards at HDV, which was just what I needed...

No comments: