Wednesday 19 September 2012

Friends and other influences...

What do your friends say about you? And by that I don't mean 'what do they say' but what kind of person are you because of the friendships you have and treasure most For instance, my lovely friend Ginger inspires me. Not only in a creative way but also by her never ending energy and love of life. Although we don't see that much of each other, I find I have Ginger moments when we're apart. By that I mean I'll challenge myself more, do more and occasionally think, 'What would ginger do?' and that makes me fearless (yes, i know, slightly scary) so I'll be braver and bolder which can be nerve racking at the time but great afterwards! Like the time I was on a flight and the pilot invited anyone to pop up to see the cockpit. I was sitting on the very back row of the plane but I remember thinking, what would Ginger do? And before I could stop myself, I was down the aisle and taking a guided tour of the instrument panel! I love being braver.

So my Ginger lesson for the week has been all about food. Slimming World is now my Bible with Fry Lite my lubrication to keep my sweet little engine running on less fat! Tonight I baked a huge lasagne from scratch following one of the recipes for the magazine and it tasted absolutely delicious. And the recipe had made 6 portions, not 4 so there's more to feed my freezer. Ginger kept telling me she was so proud of me at the weekend. Perhaps she expected me to cheat because I told her that's how my low-carb diet went. Seriously, I cheated my way through that one and put on weight! It definitely didn't suit me at all. SW does though and along with my personal trainer, I have already reestablished ownership of a former pair of jeans and I tend moving back into other old favourites very soon!

I love that sweet girl lots - but right now, I love the recipe book she bought me almost as much ;) not forgetting the gift of pink Lanson champagne which we didn't drink because after meeting Rolf and running away to the circus, we realised we'd had enough excitement for one weekend!

More on some of my wonderful inner circle soon...

No comments: