Thursday 6 September 2012

I'm going to the Olympic Stadium... !!

Today was something I wanted to do for me and my dad (no, this isn't my dad!). Dad came to the Olympics back in 1948, so this was something I needed to do for me, in memory of him. The day was brilliant, the experience really moving and the company was perfect. Me and Kevin are great friends and you know those occasions when a girlfriend just won't do.. that's where the Chip Monster comes in :) Liz and her lovely friend, Sardine (ahh, it was something like that!) came too.

My first sight of the Olympic Park was awesome - there was no other word for it! The stadium looked brilliant and the sun was shining down on us - thanks for the special moment Dad!
Here are just a few of the many highlights of my memorable Olympic stadium day.





How about this for a triple jump>? Pretty amazing when you consider that the athlete is blind - oh yes! We kept very quiet in the stadium so he could run towards the noise his companion was making, which was either clapping or shouting. One or two unfortunate athletes miss-judged the direction and ran headlong into the guys sitting on the stools beside the pit but on the whole, the athletes did a brilliant job of jumping straight into the pit! I remember at school that I couldn't even make it into the sand so I have nothing but enormous admiration for these sportsmen.

Smile for the camera!






No comments: