Saturday 15 September 2012

I was at the Paralympic Closing Ceremony... YEAH!!

 There was only one better feeling than getting hold of tickets to Eton Dorney and that was getting tickets to the Paralympic Closing Ceremony!! Myself, Fi and Rob were having a crazy weekend. I'd managed to get 3 tickets to Eton Dorney for the Saturday and amazingly, I'd also got 2 tickets to the Carfest North from the lovely lady in the flower shop so when I managed to secure another 2 tickets to the Paralympic closing ceremony, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world!

Rob did remind me that I was going to be in Cheshire on the Saturday night for Carfest so how could I get back to London in time. Mmm, I must admit, I thought about it for a few seconds but I knew I didn't have a choice, I just had to go!

I am a girl with very few regrets but I know I would have regretted my decision for the rest of my life had I let the tickets go to someone else.  In my words... "There are 24 hours before the closing ceremony" which in true Ginger-style meant I was heading for yet another great Paralympic adventure!


 Me and Jeremy arrived early so we could meet up with Fi & Rob, who where there with their friends.

 Spot Fido & Rob..?!

Cirque Du Soleil kicked off the proceedings with a lovely mini scene which was just charming and delightful. I'm not sure that everyone would get their quirky humour but I absolutely love their work so it was a perfect start to what turned out to be an amazing night!
The blew up beautiful, crisp white sails that resembled the Paralympic logo - clever clowns :)
What I loved about this event was the sheer scale of the spectacles. This ring of fire surrounded the flag bearers - thank goodness they knew where to stand, inside the ring! The flames created a smoke heart - truly amazing!


I took my wonderful son-in-law, Jeremy to this amazing event. Seated in the stadium with 79,988 other spectators, we loved every single minute of the mexican waves, spontaneous standing ovations and joined in with every roar of this excitable crowd!
The ariel displays were stunning. I found myself going 'Wow!', then 'OHHH!!' as the sights unfolded in front of us. Although the stadium looks huge, visibility was excellent and it's just the best stadium - naturally!

No comments: