Sunday 27 July 2008

Bath life to the Super Bad

I love going to Bath. It has a totally different feel to where I live and yet it's just down the road. The architecture is stunning and the place is full of surprises. I was just walking back to my car last night and there was a beautiful air balloon gracefully gliding over the roof tops of the circus. An awesome sight. I really enjoy the drive up Lansdowne, past the racecourse. The scenery is stunning and there were more air balloons taking advantage of what must have been, the best and sunniest day of the year so far.
Mauger Modern, one of my most favourite art galleries. The people there are just so friendly and here's a glimpse into the world of modern art at their Summer Preview Evening. The people visiting are as colourful as the Kia royale champagne cocktails. Jemma, the gallery manager (who is so lovely) introduced me to an art dealer. A lovely guy who she said really knows his stuff and has been buying art in Bath for a long, long time. The guy playing guitar on the mezzanine, just perfect. And you couldn't help notice the seriously older guy with the very strikingly slim and very young girl in the red dress, who I can only imagine was his niece! Money talks, hey... silly old fool!
I've done this before... you know when you recognise someone and wonder if they've served you in a restaurant, or you've met them with a group of friends? I was doing just that with a girl and guy last night. It was bugging me because I knew I'd seen them before, and low and behold, I had. On the tele! Jemma said she was an actress and that set my mind a whirring. I got as far as period dramas and this time, unlike my David Cameron moment, I decided to speak up and ask her. None other than Claudie Blakley! Yeah, I can hear you all going, WHO?!

She played a maid in Cranford, which was screened on the tv recently and also plays Emma Timmins in Lark Rise to Candleford. Her hubby on the set, Brendan Coyle, who plays Robert Timmins, was also there with her.
The two are photographed here together in Lark Rise. I also managed to capture them from the mezzanine so if you take a look in the earlier photo, they are standing with their backs to me right in the centre. Claudie is lovely. She said there are here in Bath filming another series of Lark Rise, along with a Christmas Special. Whoopee! Although I was glued to Cranford, I found that Lark Rise didn't capture my imagination enough for me to watch the first series. I guess, having met Claudie, I'll be taking a lot more interest in series 2! As for the Super Bad - I loved it!

No comments: