Thursday 31 July 2008

Call me Anna of Green Gables... !


There's always something to be glad about. I was driving home last night when I spotted the petrol prices at my local garage - £1.12 a litre! My car veered onto the forecourt before you could say 'bargain'! Yes, we've been brainwashed into thinking that paying over £1 for a tiddly amount of petrol is a bargain. Anyway, jumping off my soapbox ( yikes, I sound like my brother!) I gladly filled up casting my eye to the enormous, and I mean absolutely enormous wagon filling up on the side of the forecourt. I went inside to pay and the guy behind the till who always has a cheery word to say showed me the other guy's bill. It was a staggering £408!!
Yes, over four hundred pounds (doesn't look any less in words!) to fill up his enormous wagon. We had a joke about it and I felt very grateful for my little min. Mind you the guy was smiling when he came out and it must have been at me because seriously, you wouldn't find a bill like that very funny would you?! I couldn't resist taking a picture to remind me to stop winging and be glad and thankful more often.. ;-)

No comments: