Thursday 31 July 2008

"Trouble at Mill" said Moomintroll

My antenna are working jolly well at the moment. Lots happened already this morning, and all before 7:30am! I awoke at 20 past 6 and sensed all was not quite right. I peeped next door and sure enough, Ginger was zzzzzzzzing still asleep. She had planned to get up at 5:30 and I somehow knew I hadn't heard her go. One eyelid opened and up she shot, into the shower and puzzled as to why her clock was set an hour earlier, hey ho, she was away by 7! I went back to bed and was lying dozing when I realised I could hear an unfamiliar noise... munch, munch, munch. Trouble at Mill...?!
4 COWS A MOOING...
Not ducks, not boys but cows wandering around the lake. First this direction, then the other, then something must have startled them because they were just didn't know which direction to run. I knew I'd taken that police patrol number for a reason. Well who else am I supposed to call? One quick phone call and very nice Mike said he'd deal with it. Thankfully, they finished munching their way around the lake, disappeared round the front of the mill, then someone came out and shooed them up the road! Just glad a car didn't come around the corner because they would certainly have had a chocolate milkshock!

No comments: