Tuesday 29 July 2008

Oh lummy, yummy... what a mess!


One day scorching sunshine, the next day floods! I drove home tonight through a storm and reminiscent of last year's dramatic floods, there was a wopper just along the road between me and home! I had to drive through it, which was none too pleasant. Of course, being so hot I'd left my windows open so the sills were drowning in water, the carpets wet, my mirror blown off the spare bedroom window sill onto the floor, my table in the lounge splattered in very large rain drops and even the door to the cloakroom on the landing didn't escape a drenching. I'm just glad I wasn't home - though I could have closed the windows if I had been. Ginger arrived around 6:30pm and within two minutes the door bell rang. Why does that always happen when she crosses the threshold..? ;-) It was Don about Rich's camera, all mended - fab.
Best bit was going to the Gumstool for some yummy dinner. Mind you, it was a hairy ride with trees down and debris strewn across the road as if there had been a hurricane. We went the back way to avoid the big flood and it was worth the trip, the Eton mess was as delicious as ever. One dessert with two spoons please. We sent our regards to the lovely Jack, well Ginger did. Got home and what happens - the door bell rings. Next time Ginger can answer the door as I'm still convinced she's a man magnet! It's David and Lynn this time with tales of a flood in their basement bathroom and even though his windows were closed, the rain still got in! Yikes.. I'm sooooooooooo glad I'm not in the servants quarters and paid a little more to be up on the 3rd floor.. yippee! ;-) x much, much later, me & Ginger have just been making Christmas cards and I've been iris folding. What is it with iris folding? I've discovered that it's not that difficult to do, and now I've done it, I hope never to have to do it again! It's a quarter to two and it's time for sleeping not scrapping! x

No comments: