Wednesday 16 July 2008

Today is...

like being in an old black and white movie... and I want a bowl of butterscotch icecream.

How do some people stay at home all day? I know I'd get seriously bored with just the thought of shopping, hoovering, cleaning, cooking and what's that again... more shopping? Feeling okay, not great, head feels fuzzy and I'm still not up to conversing very much in an audible way. If this truly was a holiday I'd be bouncing around doing jobs and stuff. I've been out because the fresh air makes me feel better than just sitting. I know this bug quite well now. One day recovering this week will hopefully avoid 3 days of prolonged suffering next week and the week after. From memory, it took me at least 4 weeks to really get myself feeling back to normal last year.
That's a 12th of a year!
Yesterday's flu diet was cake - yes, carrot and passion fruit cake, followed by an eccles cake with current overload! I don't fancy fruit so the closest I've come to getting my daily 5 is to have it in cake! Sound decision don't you think. This week I'm missing out on work - not visiting Fi and her scars - not seeing Naomi and not talking to anyone very much. You don't really notice the tone of your own voice until it changes. Sunday I was struggling to squeak at a high pitch and now my best voice is lower than usual. Best to keep my mouth shut really - not something I'm used to but I'm sure it won't be for much longer. Happy Wednesday to mum & dad & Kati in hot Hungary - Happy feeling better to Fi and Happy that this isn't your Flu Day to everyone else x

No comments: