Tuesday 15 July 2008

Uptime, downtime, your time, me time...

Hurrah to be ME! Today is the first day I've felt better than the day before in almost a week. That's got to be progress! Last week's sore throat has become this week's flu. I'm taking some 'me time' out so my little grey cells can regroup to save my body and soul from those dreaded flu bugs. "Take time to smell the flowers" as the lovely Donna Kooler would say to me when I was over in California. I rush around like a loon, I chase deadlines, never let people down, always keep my promises, try to be a good person and as a consequence, sometimes forget that life can expect too much sometimes. I think at that point, when I've used up all my realtime energy and most of my reserves, my body say 'hey, stop missy' and trips me up. The little voice in my head which always says 'I can...' changes to 'I can't...' and I need to step off the bus for just a short while and take time to watch the world go by for a change. I've just realised that's what holidays are for...

No comments: