Sunday 27 July 2008

It's all in the detail...



I thought this was one of the most striking images at the gallery. The artist, Brett Goldstar, is a self-trained mural artist. He brings images together that appear to contradict or oppose. I first saw this on the mezzanine but being close up to such strong tiny images makes it difficult to see what he's trying to do. It was only when I was downstairs that I looked up and suddenly realised what the main image was. It's hard to portray this because a photo will easily draw the images together so you see the main image first - then the tiny details. The theme of Super Bad contradicts the character of Superman being made up of tiny images of some very notable baddies. I like this kind of art and the idea of capturing history with a twist appeals to the scrapbooker in me. Perhaps I should try this with the family, he he!

No comments: