Friday 9 October 2009

Just sometimes...

My brain is like a doughnut! Sweet and full of zing-tingling, calorie-laden energy with either a hole or hot air in the middle! I've been away for two days and have forgotton how to prioritise. For instance, I forgot when I left my car at the station that I needed to call to pay for my parking, doh. How stupid did I feel when I realised. I do remember the thought passing fleetingly through my head... and then it had gone again. I only remembered a day late when I was chatting to a couple of lovely ladies over a coffee. Doesn't the thought of a big, fat fine make that thought zing to the top of the priorities list in my brain? Quite clearly, it does not!
I got off the train last night at some ridiculous hour and the first thing I saw was a low loader. And no, it wasn't parked because the head lights were beaming across the car park and the engine was running. I'd already started to think about what I was going to say as I tripped across the car park, still I might add in the wrong shoes (I want to know who shrunk them whilst I was away?!) as I got alongside. Phew.. big phew.. and double big phew! It wasn't my car but a rusty old trailer that he was strapping onto the back. Not out of the woods yet I thought but over the first hurdle. So I began the walk of wonder, surreptitiously strolling across the car park towards my car. It was like the Cheltenham Gold Cup. Three weary commuters making a bee line for our cars and little me wondering if I was going to be the one with a golden ticket! Thankfully, the guy in front found his car before me so we didn't have to share the experience. And when I reached my car, checking quickly that no bits of paper were tucked under my windscreen, I breathed a big, fat sigh of relief. I can't quite believe I may have been rescued by the sensible parking police. After all, I did call and pay for 2 days parking as soon as I realised. It just wasn't the same 2 days that I was there! They say it's the thought that counts and I'm thinking nice, happy parking thoughts at the moment.. ;-)

No comments: