Tuesday 18 January 2011

How much fun can we have on a Tuesday night?!

Russell Crowe in "The Last 3 Days" and a meal at the Storyteller.. yeah! Me and Russell are not natural bedfellows, I usually shy away from his violent films, but he is absolutely brilliant in this prison escape thriller. Left with the possibility that his wife, who he believes is innocent, will spend the next 20 years in prison, he plays a college Professor, Brennan who hatches a plan to break his wife out of jail. He plans to free her so they can begin a new life in a foreign country with their young son. I watched the trailer and put it top of my list of must-see movies for January - I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed. The pace is fast, there are times when I just held my breath with suspense and amazement. There are surprises, tense scenes, tender moments, crazy chases and a very clever plot. I chose this photo (not for Russell) but for his giant masterplan which he created like an enormous scrapbook on the wall behind him! It started as a map to which he added notes, scribbles, photos, train timetables and more maps in his search for the key to his wife's great escape. Me and Lisa agreed it was the best film we've seen for ages.

No comments: