Sunday 30 January 2011

Bath.. or Baaaaath.. !

It doesn't matter how you say it, Bath is such a lovely place. It's got that 'Je ne sais quoi'... that intangible quality that raises a smile but you're not quite sure why that is. You can sit in the coffee shops people watching for hours, delight in the boutique shops that sell things you never knew you needed and just stroll over to the crescent for a healthy blast of history. Bath has it all and more! I used to work here so I should know. I used to love driving into the city and just being there.. it's a lot like Cheltenham, just with more American tourists and less parking spaces!

The Marlborough Tavern for instance with it's white-washed walls, it's cosy corners and best of all, the woodland pork.. mmm! Sawdays never lets me down! It's my bible of secrets and I just love finding somewhere new to eat. There are 'sunday lunches'.. and then there are 'Sunday feasts' which are so memorable, You never forget a great Sunday lunch!
My last really superb meal out was at Montpellier Chapters with Lisa a couple of weeks ago. This was equally as great, as tasty and it has to be said, the girls too were lovely. I love a friendly place where nothing is too much trouble :)
Here's our cosy little corner in a well known place called Bath... or Baaath!

No comments: