Saturday 9 February 2008

News from LA.. 'the dress that got away...'

I'm a great believer in fate and things we can't explain happening for a reason I'm over in LA and today was one of the quiet days so a chance to do some shopping and visit one of the big shopping malls here. I tried on some new lbds and found one i really liked. Perhaps it's because i'm with someone who is so impulsive that it makes me be less impulsive. I don't know... but I wasn't sure whether i should spend $350 on a new dress.. i wouldn't usually...! But it was perfect and I was tempted... but I thought we could shop and then return. You can already tell where this story is going... the moral being... be more impulsive!

so we went back and considering every dress was around this price and we were in Bloomingdales, so there were 1000's of dresses... I couldn't find my dress in my size.. I couldn't believe someone could have bought 'my dress'.. and then i realised that they hadn't! But they were about to...! There is a woman walking towards the counter with 'my dress' in her hand... ! She must have thought I was stalking her... (too right!) as she placed it on the counter to pay! Perhaps she'd found it in the changing room... I obviously wasn't meant to have that dress because 'it was the dress that got away'... sad, though because it was very nice.. but not meant to be!

I did manage to buy shoes tho today!~ And boots... and more boots! 1 pair of shoes, 3 pairs of ankle boots and a pair of lovely calf length boots... Nine West ankle boots for $30... unheard of... ! Calvin Klein patent heels for less than $40, and I've been looking for a pair of black just above the calf lengh boots to wear with my skirts... fab... needless to say they are all lined up on the floor of my room now and are keeping me happy!

No comments: